Thursday, April 23, 2009

News Log #3

Alexa Holzberg

Journalism Period 1

News Log #16

Three’s Company, Four’s a Crowd on ‘Idol’

www.aolnews.com

American Idol, TV News

 

The newest member to join the judging crew of American Idol, Kara DioGuardi, seems to not fit in with the rest of the judges. According to OK!, DioGuardi is disliked by fans and her fellow judges as well. Simon, Randy, and Paula have not accepted her as a judge and pretty much ignore her. Throughout the process, Simon, Randy and Paula would reference previous seasons, and Kara would have no idea what they were talking about. They would just say, 'You had to be there.' The fans as well do not accept her and feel as if she is an imposter on the show.

 

I feel that DioGuardi definitely does not belong on the show. I just don’t get why nothing can ever stay the same, and people always have to change things. I loved the show they way it originally was with Simon, Randy, and Paula. All three of them brought something charismatically different to the show and made it more interesting. I feel that DioGuardi was completely out of place. I feel bad for her that she is treated this way, but I definitely would enjoy watching American Idol more, without DioGuardi on the show. 

No comments:

Post a Comment